Having Natural Hair


Well I guess I plan to talk about my transition from perm to natural hair. First off I did the transition, I refused to do the big chop! I spent the all of 2011 cutting perm out little by little. When I had finished my basketball season in March 2012 I cut the rest of it out. The problem that I had in the beginning was rocking my natural hair. I spent the beginning of my transition straightening  my hair out. I played ball that whole year so that took a toll on my hair, because of the sweat, and again I kept straightening it out because I did not want my hair frizzy and puffy all the time.




I would say that whole year was an experiment year. I say that because I made a lot of mistakes. The biggest would be all the heat I had put to my hair, causing split ends. I used some products that did not help my hair and example BB hair oil, this ended up clogged my pores, and broke my hair off. Through all the trail and error I would say things have been better. I now do wash an go's and that is currently my go to hair style right now. I have been staying away from my blow dryer and straightener. Overall the end result is me being more confident in my natural hair. Honestly I have heard that people like my curly hair more than my straight hair.


My hair type is between a 3c/4a, If you are curious about what that looks like here is the link (http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types). The products that I have been using on my hair would be coconut oil, or carrot oil at times. Lately I have been using stuff from Lustrasilk there Curl Max products. It has really helped with defining my curls. The shampoo/ conditioner I have been using is Simply U, they usually sell the products that I mention at Walmart.



Overall, I feel like I have gotten a better handle on taking care of my hair. I feel like I am also confident on answering questions that anyone may have. Still I could only base this off my own experience. I feel like products that work for me may not work for others. I hopefully at a later date I can give my reviews on certain products that I have used. Right now the stuff I am using right now is working, but I may experiment with something else later on. If you have any questions leave a comment and I will try to give a response.

Living My Life, Taking Chances

Sabrina Johnson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Great News!!!!!

It has been a long time